Current Wish List
This year we have been asked by the research team to supply a Capillary fragment analyser. It is a device that will allow them to rapidly and simultaneously assess the quality of biological material that we isolate from hundreds of individual single cancer cells before doing complex and expensive downstream experiments. It’s basically a very big time saver (saving them hundreds of man-hours per annum)
We need to raise this year £32,700. 00 so we ask that as normal to reserve your place you send a cheque to Cure cancer at ucl to 1 Aylmer Close, Stanmore, Middx. HA7 3EQ
Cure Cancer @ UCL want to take this opportunity to give a special thank you to MidMeds () a key supporter of the charity who helps source and purchase the equipment needed at trade prices saving the charity thousands of pounds enabling us to make the money raised go further.
Fulfilled Wish Lists
• Quantum Analyzer purchased with donations, now up and running!
• Fragment Analyzer 96: Once we have collected the cells, we face the problem of checking the quality of the DNA in each before proceeding to detailed analysis. If the quality of DNA in any individual cell is not up to scratch, there’s no point in analysing it further and it is discarded. This quality control process is normally laborious and time consuming, but the Fragment Analyser allows us to rapidly check 96 single cells at a time, thereby saving hundreds of man-hours per year, and freeing up our scientists to work on other things.
• Bioanalyzer. A machine that can measure tiny amounts of DNA, RNA and proteins isolated from cancer cells.
• Major contributor towards the purchase of 1 x MetaSystems MetaCyte Upgrade for Existing Axio Observer Z1 Zeiss metasystems Metafer Imaging platform. • Contribution towards another Cytoff Mass Cytometer (latest model)
• Purchase of 1 x XP-300 Automated Haematology Analyser
• Purchase of 1 x EVOS fl Fluorescence Microscope with 5 objectives and 3 LED Cubes
• Major contributor towards a Cytoff Mass Cytometer
• Purchase of the following items:
– 1 x LS4800 Cryogenic Refrigerator
– 1 x Roller Base for LS3000, LS4800 and LS6000
– 48 x Cryo Stor. 1. 2 & 2ml, 100 Places, Blue
– 1 x QLA100 Low Level Alarm
– 1 x Supply & Installation of Low Level Alarm including Pipework
– 1 x 7500 Fast Real Time PCR System w/ Laptop
– 1 x Install Kit, Fast 7500 Chemicals
– 1 x 7500 Fast SDS Software
– 1 x High Resolution Melting Software
– 1 x 3 Year Service Plan for PCR Machine
– 1 x Thermomixer comfort, basic without exchangeable thermoblock
– 1 x Exchangeable thermoblock for micro test tubes 24x 1. Interface on first thought, the interface of a reading app may not appear to be that important is visit the company there much you can do differently. 5 ml, complete w/ IsoTherm Rack & IsoTherm cool pack
– 2 x Centrifuge 5424R (refrigerated), 230V/50-60Hz, dial version
– 1 x Centrifuge 5810R, w/o rotor, refrigerated, 230 V/50-60 Hz
– 1 x Swing-bucket rotor A-4-81,incl. 4 x 500ml rectangular bucket
– 1 x MTP Flex bucket, retrofit set, 2 pcs. – 1 x Adapter for 96-well PCR plate, 2 pcs
– 2 x Adapter 500ml rectang bucket use w/ 12x15ml Falcon tubes
– 2 x Adapter 500ml rectang bucket use w/ 5x50ml Falcon tubes